Dog & Cat Wellness Care
Annual and often Bi-Annual exams are recommended for all cats and dogs. After your pets Comprehensive Physical Exam, the doctors and technicians will talk to you about your pets health. Vaccinations available, and recommended, for dogs are-
- Dhlppc - a distemper combination vaccination that protects against Distemper, Hepatitis, 4 common strains of Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, and Coronavirus
- Bordetella - this vaccination protects against upper respiratory viruses. Required for boarding and grooming, Recommended for ALL dogs
- Rabies - protects against the deadly Rabies virus. The first vaccination given is good for 1 year, and after that it is given every 3 years.
- Heartworm Testing - required for all dogs over 6 months of age. This test can be run in house or combined with Wellness Testing that goes to our lab. This combined profile includes a urinalysis, cbc and a 12 chemistry panel at a discounted price.
- Fecal Testing - required at least once yearly. This test run in our lab tests for intestinal parasites that our pets can pick up anywhere.
- Lyme - This vaccination protects against some of the most common strains of Lymes disease. This is a disease that is spread by ticks, which are becomming more common in our area.
Cat Vaccinations that are available and recommended -
- RCP - Feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia. This vaccination is given in 1 year and then 3 year increments.
- Rabies - Protects against the deadly Rabies virus and is required by law. This vaccination is given yearly to cats.
- Feline Leukemia: Testing is required prior to administering the vaccine as kittens. The test should be repeated at 1 year of age. The vaccine is highly recommended for cats that travel outside or live in a household where there is an outdoor cat. 2 vaccines initially 3 weeks apart, annually thereafter.
Fecal Testing - required at least once yearly. This test run in our lab tests for intestinal parasites that our pets can pick up anywhere.